Friday, November 23, 2012

Apples and Oranges

Apples and oranges. That’s what I'm eating all day. And an egg. One egg and the leftover of an old loaf of bread. Apples and oranges are two things that cannot be compared because they’re just plain different. Tomorrow my ex is coming back to the city after 6 months.

If we’re gonna see each other or not is unclear, but she needs a place to sleep. Apples and oranges. That’s what I’ve been eating the whole day and that’s the only thing I’m gonna eat until tomorrow. Call it self-amusement, diet, whatever.

The traits we show on the surface are usually opposite to our true nature. For example, hot girls with an overly strong anti-slut mechanism have usually had their fair share of goin' around the block before turning this way.

Recent global and personal events have almost overwhelmed me. A part of me observes physical responses to stress while being completely unaffected. Body feels sorrow, mind is a speeding train, but when I sit down to observe I realize my soul is completely calm. Soul says it’s all good.

Most of us use to let toughness become a burden. Here’s some advice: when I close my eyes and listen long enough, I feel nothing except it’s all an illusion. Earthly events are but a mask to what’s really going on – a Feeling within that we project and create the universe with.
Is that feeling just ours or does it serve something bigger?

No comments:

Post a Comment