I spend all my time in
Tel Aviv these days. Meeting people, writing, just mingling; in person and
online. The second that I get on the bus back home, I miss this city. It’s hard
to get enough of her intoxicating magic once you’re in the fray but living
outside. I’ve always loved her. This time, it comes with a different twist. In
life, every phase has its own magic. Places keep theirs much longer.
Last weekend’s edition of
Yediot Aharonot had an article about a “future scientist” who is pioneering in
social predictions who says that a decade in a country’s life equals one year
in a person’s life. Our progression as a society is ten times slower than our
personal growth.
During my travelling there
was a funny phenomenon that I saw everywhere: intelligent folks usually critique
quite negatively the places they come from, while the less intellectual ones
usually Love their home-land more than anything and often don’t ever want to
leave.
It’s important to do
something you Love for a living, to be fully grateful. Making a few bucks out
of it is nice too, to focus on the postive regardless of environmental
influences, to look into bleakness and see growth. That’s what we do and we can
only recommend to everyone to do the same, because it really doesn’t take much.
You can miss and Love a
place at the same time. It’s sometime hard to notice it before completing a few
circles of utter environmental change, this includes changing the people around
you. Unfortunately, there are many who seek change but never will experience it
because of past habits and people who hold them back.
Vancouver is dark this
time of year even during daytime. Some places celebrate life right now, and you
can lay naked on an empty beach and go kayaking under the full-moon. I came to
Israel to enjoy an out of the box connection with this colorful intense piece
of earth that most of humanity tags “holy”.
No comments:
Post a Comment