Went out to the wild and
received a splash of Mediterranean Sea foam all over my face. Recent rain
showers and heavy yellow mist are almost making it feel like winter again, but
it’s not cold. I’ll quote Toby Keith and ask the wind: “Don’t leave, I think I
Love you!” While everyone is wearing pompom-hats, thick coats and sweaters, 3
years in Vancouver have made it seem not so wet.
While sitting in cafés
looking for jobs on the laptop, too many things distract my mind. Just like
anything else, the job hunt is a stay-on-the-ball game. If you don’t keep the energies
flowing and if you don’t keep on going, it’s hard to stay sharp with all the
white noise around. It’s important to make a strong and open initial impression
when the right opportunities do come, but you must fight tooth and nail to get
them.
Then you realize two more
weeks have passed and even though you’ve been constantly doing something, no
progress has come. I thought this easiness is called the “comfort zone”, but I
know I can’t sink into this territory again. Enough self-improvement has made a
doer out of me and thankfully there’s no way back. But since results are being
delayed and I’m being impatient, some mild melancholy is trying to sneak in
after a long time it’s been kept away; a natural part of the job hunt process.
Sadness is one of the oldest
distractions that can turn your life around. Somehow, at its purest forms it
brings out the strongest feelings in
us. Perhaps they feel so strong because they’re obviously destined to end. To
leave a mark and to bring change, and to stay young in body and mind till you’re
old. Happily, my iPod can remind me where I’m from.
No comments:
Post a Comment