Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fantasy Fulfillment


To make dreams come true is easy and fun, it takes guts though. Can you put your most outrageous fantasies into actual words? How about writing it down? That’s a great exercise! What’s the worst-- what’s the best thing that could happen if you go out and share that dream with a stranger? Even better; what if you go out and make that dream happen?

Fantasies reveal our naked thoughts. They give away vulnerabilities and bring out our animal-nature and human-audacity. There’s a part in us that doesn’t pull punches and doesn’t grow up. It’s no shame that this part will never change… but it can die.

My past Love was the best I knew. I Loved her with all my heart. Then my heart grew bigger – well, watta ya know ‘bout that? I thought I knew what Love is because I put it in a frame. Once I fulfilled the pre-set dream, I found the evolution of that dream to be different. Surprise surprise, ain’t we all so organic.

A frame for Love can be emotionally rich and fulfilling. Then you wake up one day and realize that anything limited by frame nurtures but a small part of your personality, while the rest is left hibernated and abandoned. To be kept in a box, limited by choice. To tie your fantasies down on a stake in a field in the middle of a lightning storm. Some dreams are meant to be stormy. It’s our choice if to chase them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment