Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Smell the Roses In the Rain


The sun is out, warm and caressing. The sun is gone, a raging rainstorm begins. I roll up my jeans and continue on walking, smiling. Everything is grey. Not Vancouver grey; Israel grey. A bus at the side of the road is fixing up a flat. Rivers of mud run by the highway side. Early morning and the roads are clogged. In a country 2/3 desert, rainy days are considered dangerously unexpected. 

Talked with some friends overseas for hours on the phone this weekend. I’m sure making the most out of this new cellphone deal: 99nis ($26) a month, 50% off the first half year, unlimited minutes, international and local, no contract. Gimme some honey! If we value things by Money, what’s the value of Money? Never let reality hold you back!

Putting all my energy into finding a job, I realize there’s nothing else left in my grinding head. Mostly I feel that I’m doing the right thing. Remember to rest. Do yoga. Do half a yoga. Read. Watch something good on TV. Talk nicely to yourself. So what if you cannot yet see results? “Far Away” of the Stones would do the theme great honor.

Someone smart once said to me: When a car road-trips across the country at night, it can only see up to 300 meters ahead with the headlights on. But the road is 3,000 miles. How does the driver know where he's going? We only see what's in front of us, never what the future holds. Stop for a moment and smell the roses in the rain. Then get back on the horse and kick some more ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment