Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Immigrant and The Artist


Blogs usually reiterate quotes, discuss current events, make various suggestions. I sometimes participate in that tradition. However, mostly I believe that personal experience provides the lessons of the highest value. The flexibility of vantage points the narrator takes may reflect whatever he chooses. Mine is about persistency, happiness and learning new things regardless of age, location and background.

There’s something puzzling about being an artist. Your work should provoke an appealing self-reflection; to spark emotions and thoughts amongst your spectators. North America was a blank page for me. Easier it seems to start with a blank page. No history, no past, just a bright future, un-linked to memories. A not-yet-explored excitement that nourishes new and old dreams.

Make up something remarkably sparkling out of thin air. Not a problem! I am a warrior of the soul, a leader of the spirit, a Lover of the business. An outside-thinker who lived, and lives, on the spearhead of Western society.

The artist's job is similar to the job of the highly motivated immigrant: to think, integrate, moderate, study, develop and lead new ideas. To bring back the muscle memory of a different time; past or future. To create better life. Be authentic as you wish, especially where you’ve never been before.

What if there were enough buyers in the market to balance out competition? Do what you Love! It’s alright to be excited and strong, just don’t hurt anybody. That’s what I learnt after 3 years in Canada; 5 years in North America in all. Happy communications; so it appears on the face of it. Some call it hypocrisy; I strongly disagree. I call it culture. And a beautiful one at that.

In the past, when harder times hit North America, people became a bit more serious; in their own convivial way. It’s important to remember the majority of the people remain happy and satisfied. I meet more and more individuals who live this way in Tel Aviv. A worry-free slice of society. Know what? Those who achieve best results begin by resounding winning vibes from the start, even if they have nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment